Silence - From individual to partner work - Mono-lingual approach on the web-site for teachers and learners of English as a secondary language from a German point of view
Von der Einzelarbeit zur Partnerarbeit
Ruhe - Einzelarbeit
- Partnerarbeit - Einsprachigkeit
1. Silence and quietness
2. Listen to yourself, look into yourself,
touch your heart and find the middle of yourself.
- Everybody is like this ball: complete
- round - alone - separated
- - but it sounds.
- You can listen to yourself when
you are quiet and silent.
- i.e. there is no movement nor any
noise in your mind that disturbs you
3. When you have come to silence and
- What does it look like?
- How does it sound?
- How does it feel?
4. You are separated and alone as persons
- when no sound nor movement outside
can disturb you any longer, please come here and fetch your next task:
It's a sheet of paper.
- ( Task: Draw yourself as you see,
hear or feel yourself at this moment )
5. Show your partner your picture and
tell him/her all about you. When there are expressions, words or
- but you are connected with everybody
in the universe.
Let's start with one partner. Choose
a partner for this lesson.
6. Tell the class who your partner
is, but don't tell her/his name.
- sentences you don't know in English
write them on a sheet of paper or here on the board.
Next listen to your partner and
draw a picture of him/her while listening.
7. Metaphase: Besprechung der Schwierigkeiten
8. Homework: Find some more characteristic
words (adjectives) which can help you describe a person.
- Ruhe finden
- Erzählen: Inhalt - Englisch
Draw yourself as you see, hear or feel.
That's me at the moment:
Show your partner your picture and tell him/her all
When there are expressions, words or sentences
you don't know in English
write them on this sheet of paper:
Now draw your partner and tell him/her all about
That's Mr or Ms IWONTSAY.